• EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT - A 5% discount is available to anyone who registers for any summer camp by April 15, 2013.
• FULL SUMMER REGISTRATION DISCOUNT - Activ8 is offering a 5% discount to anyone who registers for the entire summer. In order to be eligible for the discount, campers must be enrolled in a morning camp, lunch, and an afternoon camp for each of the ten weeks. Camps fill early so be sure to sign up now. The Full Summer Discount may be combined with the Early Bird Discount. Please contact the Continuing Education Registration Desk at 706.507.8070 for more information on how to obtain this discount.
These discounts may be combined. *Camps may have material fees included in the class cost. Discounts are not applied to material fees.
If you are signed up for an athletic camp that only runs Monday-Thursday, here’s the solution to make your Friday FUNtastic! FUNtastic Fridays are fully supervised camps with a variety of activities to keep your camper engaged and entertained. We’ll put the FUN back in your Friday with games, puzzles, movies and much more. See more information.
Camps are held at various sites on Columbus State University’s main campus. Children are not allowed to be on campus without supervision more than 15 minutes before or after their camp begins or ends. Acceptable drop-off and pick-up times are:
Morning Camps:8:45am – 12:15pm
Afternoon Camps:12:45pm – 4:15pm
If your child will be here before 8:45 or after 4:15, you must sign your child up for available Before or After Care. We will be enforcing a sign-in/out policy for campers.
• Activ8 camps, BeTween2Teen camps, and Activ8 Academy are housed in the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center on CSU Main Campus. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the Turner Center. Campers attending camps being held at the Recreation Center (Sports) or Center for Commerce and Technology (iTech) will be escorted by our staff from Turner Center to these other locations, as needed. Before/After Care programs are available for these programs. See Before/After Care on page 1 for more information.
• Athletic camps are held at various locations according to the camp. See camps listings for location for your camp. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the designated camp location. Before/After programs are available for these programs (with exception of golf programs). See Before/After Care on page 1 for more information.
• CSU Dance Conservatory camps and summer classes are held at the Rankin Arts Center in Uptown Columbus. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at that location.
• Coca-Cola Space Science Center camps are held at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center. No Before/After Care is available for these camps.
• Oxbow Meadows camps are held at Oxbow Meadows. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at that location. No Before/After Care is available for these camps.
• Math Collaborative camps are held at Columbus High School. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at that location. Before/After care is available at Columbus High School for these camps. See camp listing for more information.
• Four year old students must turn five before December 1, 2013 to participate.
• Seven year old students who have completed the 2nd grade may attend the Activ8 Academy or Activ8ers.
• Ten year old students who have completed the 5th grade may attend the Activ8ers or BeTween 2 Teen camps.
Safety is our number one concern for your children. All of our employees have passed criminal background checks. At no point in our schedule will your child be left unsupervised. Our program aides go through comprehensive training and will be on campus before, between, and just after classes begin to help direct children to their camps.
All supplies are included with the cost of Activ8 camps unless specified otherwise.
When our classes fill up, we will put you on our waiting list. If there is an opening, you will be notified. Avoid missing a camp by registering early!
All participants must have a fully completed and signed waiver before they can join the camp. Please make sure that we have all waivers prior to the start of the program. If we do not have your child’s waiver, your child cannot participate. Visit Activ8er.com to download a waiver.
If your child is going to be absent or late, please call the Activ8 office at 706.507.8282 to let us know.
We welcome all children to our program and make our best effort to accommodate everyone. If your child has special needs, please let us know one week prior to your child attending camp.
When filling out your child’s waiver, please make sure to include all medical information that would be relevant and important for our staff to know. If there are special health needs, please contact our Activ8 office at 706.507.8282.
In case of bad weather (i.e. heavy rain, lightning or tornadoes,) we will keep all children indoors until the weather has passed and the staff has been authorized to go back outside. For the safety of your child, we ask that you allow inclement weather to pass before coming to find your child. Our staff will make sure all children get to their destinations once authorization has been received. Please send an umbrella or poncho with your child if the weather requires it.
If you choose to withdraw from a camp, you must contact us before 5pm on the Wednesday prior to the start of the camp to get a full refund minus a $15 processing fee. If you withdraw after Wednesday, but before the camp begins, you will receive a 50% refund. No refunds are given after a camp begins. We reserve the right to cancel a camp and will notify you before the start date to issue a refund or transfer your child to another camp.